- Balfour Declaration
- Great Race of Mercy
- Famines in India during British Rule
- The Hindenburg Fire – Make sure you both view the newsreel and hear the radio account.
- L’Affaire Dreyfus
- Loving vs Virginia
- Mussolini’s Transformation of Rome and 
- Pentium FDIV bug
- Plano Real and 
- Last voyage of the Karluk
- Battle of Bannockburn
- Battle for Castle Itter
- Baghdad, Mongol Sack of
- Sabra and Shatila Massacre
- Budyonnovsk Hospital Hostage Crisis
- Jallianwallah Bagh Massacre
- Port Arthur, Siege of
- Costa Rica – Mesoamerica’s richest nation has no standing army, 100% renewable energy, and lead the world environmentally.
- Great Raft – 250 km long logjam
- Kerala school of astronomy and Mathematics
- Manson Family
- Tonle Sap – Largest freshwater lake in Asia. Replenished every monsoon by flow reversal from the Mekong. Complex hydro-ecological system that drove the Angkor civilization.
- 3M: Scotch tape, post-its, and everything in between.
- 7/11: Nondescript but omnipresent. Try their stores in Japan.
- AMD: Battling with Intel, AMD has risen from the ashes several times.
Criteria: Beauty, craftsmanship, expense of raw materials, several owners, lost to time and rediscovered
- Dunhuang Manuscripts: 4th to 11 centuries; Buddhist, Daoism, Nestorian Christianity, Manichaeism, and more; Khotanese, Sanskrit, Sogdian, Tangut, Tibetan, Old Uyghur language, Hebrew, Old Turkic
- Faberge Eggs
- Golden Stool of the Ashanti
- Peacock Throne
- Phra Bang Buddha: “A symbol of the right to rule Laos, as only a commendable and virtuous government deserves to be caretaker of such a sacred image.”
- Tutakhamen’s Mask
Questions that fixated us but lay unanswered for centures.
- How did reproduction occur?
- How was silk made?
- Was the Earth round?
Where was the source of the Nile?